August and September are the time for watermelons. Ripe pulp and sweet juice - what could be tastier? In addition, it is known that watermelon is not only tasty, but also a healthy product. It cleans toxins, removes salts and stones from the liver and kidneys.
The fiber contained in the pulp of watermelon reduces blood cholesterol. It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. The presence of fructose allows diabetics and people who want to lose weight to use it. In addition to fructose, low carbohydrate content also contributes to weight loss. There are as many of them as in raspberries and currants and less than in apples and oranges. The calorie content of watermelon is approximately 38-40 kcal per hundred grams. Therefore, there is a certain watermelon-based diet that is suitable for those who want to say goodbye to being overweight. Thanks to her, you can lose at least three kilograms a week. The bottom line is to consume 1 kilogram of watermelon per day for 15 kilograms of your weight. This means that you should eat more than three kilograms of watermelon in a day. The main thing is not to sit on such a diet for more than five days.
Watermelon is often used in cosmetology. It helps to rejuvenate and cleanse the skin. The watermelon mask helps to moisturize and tone the skin, so it works well for flabby, dry or oily skin. A mixture of watermelon juice and yolk is suitable for dry skin, and for oily skin - a mixture of protein and watermelon pulp. Frozen watermelon juice tones the skin well.
Before you buy a watermelon, it is important to know the following:
1. Large fruit means that it grew in a well-lit area. It also suggests that he is ripe. Its weight must be at least five kilograms. The larger the watermelon, the more ripe it is.
2. The more contrasting the color of the crust, the more ripe the watermelon.
3. The degree of maturity can be determined by the sound. To do this, put the watermelon on your left hand, and spank it with your right hand. The sounds that radiate in the left hand speak of ripeness.
4. The side on which the watermelon was lying should be as light as possible.
5. The tail of the watermelon must be dry.
6. A ripe watermelon should have a hard shell that is hard to pierce with a fingernail.
7. Don't buy mashed watermelon.